YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR LAMP?
SOME TUBES DON’T WORK!
The tubes are working by group of 4:
4 on the left, 4 on the center, 4 on the right of the lamp.
Sometimes during and due to transportation (or handling), one or more tubes unlock from their place. The tube turns slightly on itself and it disengages over time.
If only one tube is unlocked (therefore not connected), the whole group of 4 tubes stops working.
Please have a look to the picture below. It explains how to easily and safely lock a tube correctly. Please turn the device off before doing the operation. This operation is to be done while the device is unplugged. Indeed, if you perform this operation while the lamp is switched on, you may damage irreversibly the lamp (electronic ballast).
If the tube is properly locked, we can feel a small resistance while trying to turn it slightly.
This very simple procedure is to be done once you’ll have to replace the tubes in several years.
If all tubes seem to be well engaged but they still do not light up: let’s test the tubes.
To do so, reverse one working group of 4 tubes with the non-working group of 4 tubes (device unplugged).
- If both groups of 4 tubes are working, at the new spot AS WELL AS at the old one, it means the tubes were simply not engaged correctly. They are not broken-down.
- If the group of 4 tubes works at the new spot but do not work anymore at the old spot (where it worked before), it’s probably caused by one or more faulty tubes (which is very rare). One by one, replace the first tube that do not light up by the one that is working, and then (if necessary) the second one, the third one, the fourth one. Like this you will identify the faulty tube. Depending on the date of your purchase we will send you a new tube. Please, provide us 2 pictures (initial failure, picture after inversion of 4 tubes).
This procedure should fix your problem. If it’s not the case, please, contact us and we will find a solution.
This procedure aims to save you unnecessary return fees.
THE LAMP DOES NOT TURN ON?
First please refer to the user manual to understand how to start the device properly.
When you press the start button (digital display), nothing happens or the tubes do not light up.
Before initiating the return procedure, please check the following:
- does the problem repeat itself whatever the socket to which the device is plugged?
- do you use an extension cord between the device and the wall socket?
- did an electrical event happen in your housing recently (storm, etc.)?
- do you have an electrical power limitation in your housing?
One of the elements can be the reason why the lamp is not starting or the tubes not light up.
THE PANELS DO NOT OPEN PROPERLY?
the lateral panels of your lamp do not open properly. It’s like they would be blocked by something.
There is only one explanation in this case: the moving part of the lamp is stuck between the fixed part (frame) of the lamp. Please look carefully, you’ll see that one or two hinges are stuck between the lamp and the frame.
This happens sometimes during transportation. If the parcel has been handled without care (and violence sometimes), the moving part of the lamp can move and stuck itself between the frame.
You won’t be able to unstuck the lamp if you don’t apply a (very) powerful punch on the back of the lamp.
- place the lamp horizontally on a stable table.
- place a towel under the lamp in order to protect it and your table as well!
- hit the back of the lamp with a powerful punch. Don’t worry there is no risk to break the lamp. If you don’t succeed. Do it again and increase the power!
In order to avoid useless and expensive after sale return procedure, please try this easy and quick way!
THE PANELS DO NOT OPEN PROPERLY?
The lateral panels of your lamp do not open properly. It’s like somethings is blocking them.
(if the previous step has not resolved your problem)
It is likely that the protective cover (in grey) of one of the hinges has slightly opened (during the transport if the lamp has moved, the hinge has stuck and unstuck and by unstucking the grey part has remained slightly opened).
So when you try to open the front panel that plastic piece prevents the panels from complete opening. It’s blocked by that grey plastic piece.
This piece is purely aesthetic, you can try to push it back in order not to bother the opening of the panels (but sometimes it’s hard to regain its original position).
You can also remove it by moving it back and forth. It has no other function than aesthetic.